10 February 2010

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it?

So, I started writing poetry again. Still cute little ones, but I like those.
This one does not have a title yet. Lend me your thoughts?

I feel like I'm in high school again -
this fluttering in my torso,
hundreds of tiny
wings (faeries, perhaps?)
spreading their blessing through my
physical body, to match
this stream
of consciousness flitting
through my synapses, illogical
yet penetrating

my Heart:

so quick to leap
out of my breast and bestow
a portion of itself upon the nearest
adorable nerd
on its radar.

This situation is so
predictable, yet also
exciting; it has been too
long since these bubbles filled
this ribcage and head,
bringing me close
to giddiness -
how deliciously juvenile
a feeling. So warm
to bask in, so cozy
to remember.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty. I think the word "bubbles" stood out for me. I also liked how you capitalized the H in Heart, like it was an individual. Very pretty.

    Maybe it's just me, but the only part I didn't like was when you mentioned "adorable nerds" ... I don't know why, it just felt out of place?

    Overall, me gusta. Mucho. :)

    ReplyDelete